State Recovery Resources
Emergencies, disasters, hazards, and threats are a part of our work at the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES). Preparing for, responding to, and helping Californians recover from them are a part of our DNA. Cal OES is proud to work with local, state, tribal and federal partners to help Californians get on the road to recovery after an emergency.
Local Assistance Centers
Local Assistance Centers (LACs) are activated following major disasters to support survivors and businesses that have suffered disaster-related losses or damages. Each center is unique and locally-driven with support from local, state, federal, and non-profit agencies.
- Local Assistance Center to Open in Shasta County: October 8 – 11
- September 10-11, 2021: Local Assistance Center to Support French Fire Survivors
- September 9-11, 2021: Local Assistance Center to Support Monument Fire Survivors
- August 30-September 4, 2-21: El Dorado County Extends Local Assistance Center for Caldor Fire
- August 25-27, 2021: Lake County LAC to Support Cache Fire Survivors
- August 19-23, 2021: Plumas County LAC to Support Beckwourth Complex and Dixie Fire Survivors
- August 13-14, 2021: Placer and Nevada Counties to Support River Fire Survivors
- August 5-7, 2021: Plumas County LAC to Support Beckwourth and Dixie Fire Survivors
- July 30-31, 2021: Lassen County LAC to Support Beckwourth Fire Survivors
Disaster Recovery Centers
Disaster Recovery Centers offer information on available resources to homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained damage to their properties from the Dixie or River Fires.
R. Wild Horse Ranch
6700 State Highway 36 W.
Platina, CA 96076
10/3 – 10/4
11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
41515 State Highway 36 E
Mill Creek, CA 96061
10/5 – 10/6
Open 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Red Bluff Community Center
1500 S. Jackson St.
Red Bluff, CA 96080
10/7 – 10/8
Open 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Disaster Recovery Center in Weaverville: September 29
Disaster Recovery Center in Janesville: September 20
- Disaster Recovery Center Opens in Janesville For Dixie Fire Survivors
- Centro de Recuperación de Desastre en Janesville
Disaster Recovery Center in Chester: September 14
Mobile Registration Intake Centers
Mobile Registration Intake Centers are temporary sites to support survivors with disaster information. It offers an optional opportunity for survivors to register for federal assistance, especially those without access to internet or telephone services.
- September 9-11, 2021: Mobile Registration Intake Center Open in Placer County
- September 10-12, 2021: Mobile Registration Intake Center Open in Nevada County
- September 15-18, 2021: Mobile Registration Intake Center Open in Plumas County (Quincy and Greenville)