As a state employee, if you or a family member are impacted by the fires in California, you may be eligible to receive state benefits. As we have multiple fires burning throughout the state, you or your family might be impacted. Below is some helpful information about services available to State employees dealing with the evacuations and impacts, as well as links to websites that contain the latest information on the two main fires in California. More information will be included if additional services and programs become available. Please note it is always important to listen to the local officials regarding evacuations and road closures, as well as obey all posted restrictions.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Administrative Time Off (ATO)
- Leave of Absence (LOA)
- Catastrophic Leave – Natural Disasters
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)/California Family Rights Act (CFRA)
- State Disability Insurance (SDI)/Paid Family Leave (PFL) & Non-Industrial Disability Insurance (NDI)
- Savings Plus Accounts (401k/457b)
- Magellan Wildfire Resources
- Group Legal Services Insurance
- VSP Vision Care
As a reminder, state employees can find information on fire resources on EAP website home page at here and can call EAP toll free number (1-866-327-4762) to access services any time of the day or night.