Record Replacement

Resources for record replacements can be found on this page. Listed below are state and county contacts that can be helpful in replacing records lost due to the fires.

California Department Of Motor Vehicles:

DMV logoThe California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) can respond to questions and provide the forms needed to assist individuals in replacing DMV documents, such as driver licenses, identification cards, vehicle cards certificates and certificates of title, that were lost as a result of the disaster. Contact DMV at 1-800-777-0133 (TTY 1-800-735-2929 or 1-800-368-4327 for hearing or speech impaired), or visit the DMV website at:

California Department Of Public Health – Vital Records:

cdph logo

The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is working with those who have lost vital records as a result of the disaster. Birth, death, and marriage records should be requested from the county recorder’s office in the county where the event occurred. For more information visit the CDPH website: for a list of county recorders. Or you may call 916-445-2684; TTY 7-1-1 or 1-800-735-2929.