Due to a high number of wildfires this season, CalVet has gathered the following resources to help veterans and their families stay informed and get back on their feet following a natural disaster.CalVet Logo

We encourage all veterans to visit their local County Veterans Service Offices (CVSOs) for assistance with filing claims, replacing service-related and benefits documents, and receiving job placement assistance. Find more information about U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs operations and assistance, as well as the status of CVSO offices in areas impacted by wildfires below. A complete list of CVSOs with contact information is available here.

For those affected by the Camp Fire in Butte County, click here to view the latest information regarding evacuation orders, shelters, donations, volunteering, animal shelters or locating loved ones.

For more information, please see the CALVET website.

U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs housing and support programs for the Camp Fire

ProgramPoint of ContactContact Information
Housing and Urban Development – Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (Veteran housing vouchers)
Dawn Napier
Back-up: Patrick Kowalski
(530) 720-5827
(925) 383-9691
Grant & Per Diem
(Veteran transitional housing)
Masaki HirayamaPhone:
(510) 915-7899
SSVF Providers
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (available to individual veterans as well)
(Rapid rehousing & temporary financial assistance)
Volunteers of America, SacramentoFrank FawcettPhone:

Berkeley Food and Housing ProgramAngela UpshawPhone:

Veterans Resource CenterShaloma Wolkse or Brad LongPhone: